Saturday, July 23, 2016

The Wide WIndow - Lemony Snicket - 4 stars

This was a great book to choose while being in a reading slump. It was fast paced, fun, and I got to be with Violet, Klaus and Sunny again. This series just seems to get better and better with each one that I read. Really enjoying it.
Synopsis
Dear Reader,

If you have not read anything about the Baudelaire orphans, then before you read even one more sentence, you should know this: Violet, Klaus, and Sunny are kindhearted and quick-witted, but their lives, I am sorry to say, are filled with bad luck and misery. All of the stories about these three children are unhappy and wretched, and this one may be the worst of them all. If you haven't got the stomach for a story that includes a hurricane, a signaling device, hungry leeches, cold cucumber soup, a horrible villain, and a doll named Pretty Penny, then this book will probably fill you with despair. I will continue to record these tragic tales, for that is what I do. You, however, should decide for yourself whether you can possibly endure this miserable story.

With all due respect,

Lemony Snicket

This is a great addition to the series. I think that it had such great flow to it, I found it hard to put it down. The adventure in the story was pretty exciting and fun even though most events are attributed to the orphans demise but it does have the ability to keep readers interested and entertained. I also like how the orphans figure things out even though most of the time it is pretty unrealistic.

What can I say about the characters? I love them all, even the bad guys. Of course my favorite would be the orphans. They are bright, curious, and full of adventure. The bad guys, especially Count Olaf if the perfect evil antagonist that most readers love to hate. He is a vicious and cruel degenerate, that will stop at nothing to get what he wants. He also makes this story more YA then middle grade because he adds a darkness to the story.

If you have not read any of this series and you like the dark side of fiction, this may be for you. They are quick reads, so why not pick one up and get started on an adventure. I look forward to continuing on with this tale in the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment