Thursday, September 7, 2017

The Library of Souls - Richard Denney - 4

I found out that one of my book tube friends just got his book published so I went and bought it and I could hardly wait for it to arrive. I read it in a couple of days and really quite enjoyed it. There are some really great characters in this story with a really nice twist in the end. You get some creepiness, mystery and little humor too. I am super glad that I bought this.

The story is pretty creepy if you like ghost stories. I have to say that reading about these ghosts kinda made me think of the ghosts that we read about in the HP series. You don't know quite what you are gonna get when you stumble upon each of them. So there was a nice element of surprise which made me happy. Our non ghostly characters are awesome as well. I have to say my favorite is probably Simon. He is a great kid caught up in a mess of mostly angry spooks and demons and he handles it all like a champ.

This is mild enough for middle schoolers, but is also interesting enough for those of us adults who like to dabble in middle grade reads. Great job on the book Richard, I really enjoyed it! There is also a giveaway on Good Reads for this book, so be sure to join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment