Thursday, November 2, 2017

Berserk - Tim Lebbon - 4 stars

Chose this for my third read of Spook season. This is also a first time read for me with this author. It was not really all that scary, but it was quite disturbing with our characters slow decent into insanity. I also found that the author has a very poetic style of writing which is quite odd with this type of book.

I enjoyed the characters of this story as well. It was hard though to decipher who was actually good and who was bad. The 2 main characters both has similar personalities and both went though some big changes because of the berserkers. I loved watching them yield to this insanity that the berserker was all about. You have one character trying to stop it all, and one who is more nurturing, the story goes on from there. It truly made me feel like I too was losing my mind.

I would read more by this author, mostly because of his style of writing. It was very poetic, and it easily flowed, making for a pretty quick read. Managed to finish this before spook season ended! Great choice of book I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment