Thursday, December 7, 2017

Comfort & Joy - Kristin Hannah - 5 stars

I just love reading books for the holiday, some how it makes them more magical that way. This was my first Christmas read for December and I have to say that I really loved it. I really do enjoy Kristin Hannah's writing a lot. The first book I read by her was Winter Garden. Also a very enjoyable read. I especially liked the characters in this book. They are very well written, they are both relatable and believable. I feel like I knew them all personally and I loved that.

There is such a great plot twist in this one, and it was one that I did not expect at all. Be prepared though and keep some tissues on hand because this one is a tear jerker. This is one of those books that you don't want to end, and when it did, it felt like a part of my life was over. I just wanted to go back and read it all again.

"It's a dangerous business...going out of your door. You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." --J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment