Monday, February 19, 2018

The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness - 4 stars

I had been wanting to read this series for a long time and finally have the book. I was not too sure about it when I first started reading it because of the dog in the story being able to share his thoughts with his owner. Actually all animals could share their thoughts. But I have to say the idea really grew on me once I got into the story, and I find that Manchee really added a lot to the story.

This is a great post Apoc book and if you like that sort of thing you will like this one. I have heard people call it a dystopian but I don't see that In this book, at least it does not follow the norm of most dystopian and that is fine with me. I also liked the setting of the book and the thought of aliens being a part of it, it added a nice element to the story as well.

I did enjoy the characters a lot. There are so many characters, and not all of them are good people, which is awesome because I feel like this allows readers to touch on every emotion. Of course I have to say I loved Todd and Viola the most. I do feel like they were pretty grown up for their ages though, and I expect that is due to the situation they find themselves in.

Since I enjoyed this one so much and the cliff hanger that it ended with, I have the other 2 as well and I will be reading The Ask and the Answer very soon. Also in each of these re-mastered books, you will find a short story in the back pertaining to the series. So that is a nice touch I think as well.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favourite trilogies. I think the fact it isn’t typical of any single genre is what attracted me most. I wouldn’t spoil anything, it is enough to simple say it gets better in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete