Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Scribbler of Dreams - Mary E. Pearson - 3 stars

One of things I enjoyed the most about this story was how poetic is was written. I feel like the author has a knack for that. I also felt like the story flowed well and for the most part it was engaging to me, but I also felt like it was missing something that I can't quite put my finger on. There is a murder, deception, mystery all in this story which is what drew my attention to the story in the first place. I felt that for that part of the story it felt a little inadequate. I guess I was just expecting more.

I did enjoy the characters for the most part, but I felt like Kaitlin was fighting a losing battle, trying to get these 2 families together, and also I felt a little weird about the romantic aspect of the story considering the 2 involved were related even though it was not a close relation. So the romantic side of things was a little off. I also felt like the end was a little rush and incomplete.

Even so I am glad I read it. I feel like it was pretty light reading and I can dive into her other books knowing she does have a pretty decent writing style, so I do look forward to reading her other series.

No comments:

Post a Comment