Friday, September 19, 2014

Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn - 3.5 stars

I have had this book for months but wanted to wait till all the hype died down before plunging into it's pages. I had heard some incredible things about the story and why people loved or hated the story so I decided that it was time to judge for myself. All I can say right now is that this book is really messed up.

So the story goes, as most probably already know, there is Nick and Amy happily married and in love. That is until Amy disappears, and who do you think the police want to point their fingers at? You got it....Nick. The story goes on with the police trying to piece the case together, and it does not appear to be very hard for them to do.

Ok so the premise of the story can get a little cliché because we all know when a wife disappears the husband gets blamed, and that is the way the story starts out, of course! But everything is not as it seems. And as I got further into the book I saw the genius of the story and I ended up loving how the plot was wrote. There are some great twists to this story, and then also some predictable ones as well.

So as far as the characters go. I have been told by many, and I have heard from many that they did not like any of the characters. I do believe that was the authors intent. she wanted us to feel poisoned by the characters. I do have to say though that I hated Amy the most. I don't want to mention here in this review as to why I hated them because that would be giving too much away and they may not even be reasons as expected. So we will lave it at I have to agree with most people, I hated the main characters....A LOT! I did like Margo though or better known as Go, and she is the only one in the whole book that I liked. The only one who made any inkling of sense.

I have been stumbling on what I should rate this book, because really, I hated the ending. It is almost left wide open for another book. Is that done on purpose? I don't have a clue. So I decided on a 3.5 star rating because the ending to me is just unjust to say the least. So pick it up and read it, and you decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment