Monday, September 15, 2014

Sundays at Tiffany's - James Patterson - 4 stars

This is the third contemporary I have read by James Patterson. This was co written with Gabrielle Charbonnet. I was pretty sure that I would enjoy this book since I have enjoyed so many books by Patterson. I gotta say, I was not disappointed in the least. The author based this story on something his son Jack told him as a child. "Love means you can never be apart." James Patterson based this story on that. I love that thought.

In this story we have a lonely 8 year old girl name Jane, soon to be 9. She has an imaginary friend named Michael who helps Jane through life with divorced parents. Her father is a little distant to her and her mother, overbearing. She rarely sees her Father and her Mother takes one day a week to spend with her. Michael helps her cope with most of it. When Jane turns 9 it is time for Michael to leave her, it is a rule that imaginary friends must follow. In her thirties, Jane struggles in her life until she meets a man, who to her, is perfect. His name is Michael.

I really enjoyed this story so very much. I found it to be very engaging, fluid and easy to read. The premise of the story, to me, is very unique, with the qualities of a fairy tale and it is very well thought out I think. I have not read a story with this kind of plot before which is why I think I was so drawn to it, and enjoyed it so much.

I also enjoyed the characters as well. I enjoyed Jane and Michael the most. I feel like they were easy to connect to, even when Jane was a young child. I loved getting the back story of Jane in the beginning. It made me understand her so much better throughout the story. I would really have liked to know more about Michael though. How he came about and what exactly he is. The author was a little vague on that information. Vivienne, Jane's mother, was a real tool along with Hugh who I wanted to punch in the face most of the time. I think all of them were created beautifully.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes contemporary romance with a twist. I think anyone who likes romance or maybe doesn't like it could enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment