Sunday, June 5, 2016

A Wonderlandiful World - SHannon Hale - 3.5 stars

I was really excited to get to this book since it is the last full length novel to the Ever After High series. This series is full of novellas as well and not sure that I will read those. I found I did not enjoy this one as much as the other 2 I have read, but it was still enjoyable.
Synopsis
At Ever After High, everyone is expected to sign the Storybook of Legends, pledging to follow in their fairytale parent's footsteps. But when Raven Queen came along, things became fairy, fairy confusing. Now no one's destiny is certain, not even for the most royal of them all, Apple White. When a mysterious being from Wonderland begins to infect Ever After High with a strange magic, everything goes topsy-turvy. The students transform into animals and objects, palace mice talk, and the beautiful green grounds on campus fade to black-and-white. Lizzie Hearts, Wonderland's future queen, Cedar Wood, daughter of Pinocchio, and Madeline Hatter, heir to the Mad Hatter's Hat and Tea Shoppe, seem to be the only ones who haven't completely lost their heads. It's up to them to save their best friends forever after from a curse that threatens to give their school-and their lives-a very unhappy ending.

This book continue the story of consequences of the first 2 books and I love how they continued, rather than making a new story. SO now there is a 'mysterious being' wreaking havoc in Ever After. I don't wanna get into who this being is since this is a continuation of the story. I really liked the excitement again in this installment. I also love how all of these books were so fluid and entertaining.

As before the characters are so fun and addicting. I love them all and all their quirks and flaws and of course their strengths! I think they are so very relatable, especially to kids who may read this series! Even though they are fairy tale characters, they feel very real when reading their stories. I love that they are not over the top characters, that makes me happy.

Since I did not enjoy this one quite as much as the other 2, I am rating this one 3.5 stars. It is still definitely worth the read. A nice wrap up to the Ever After High series. Not sure if I will take on all the novellas in this series. I recommend this of course to everyone who likes to read Middle grade and also those who enjoy fairy tales as well. The series is very different and very fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment