Friday, June 17, 2016

Freak - Jennifer Hillier - 4.5 stars

This is book 2 to the Freak series. I am not sure if there are to be anymore books, but it sure does feel like there will and I will be first in line for that one.

I am not going to include the synopsis to this review because of it being the second book to the series. I have to say that the author really stepped it up with this one, I enjoyed it much more than the first one. There were some pretty grisly scenes in this one so be aware of that, definitely not for the faint of heart. It was also pretty dark and disturbing. I loved it. So far both of these books flowed really well and I really enjoy the authors writing style a lot. It had some pretty unexpected twists and turns that were quite enjoyable as well. It has somewhat of a cliffhanger too which opens up another book rather easily. I guess we will see with that one.

The characters are fabulous. Jerry and Danny remind me a bit of Strike and Robin from the Cormoran Strike series by Robert Galbraith. I think that is why I enjoyed them so much. I found them to be very well developed. Then there are the psychopaths, and let me tell you, they are pretty terrifying. I really enjoyed their roles in this series so far. We get to see so much more from Abby Maddox and what makes her tick. I really enjoyed this up close and personal look into her life. I look forward to more from all of them in any upcoming books.

I recommend this book/series to anyone who likes a good psychopathic thriller, because this one will have ya turning the pages pretty quickly. I am giving this book a 4.5 star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment