Monday, June 6, 2016

Stone Cold - Robert B. Parker - 4 stars

This book #4 in the Jessie Stone series. I found this one to be so much better than the prior 3. I think at this point the Author was finally settling into the story and getting to know hi characters much better.
Synopsis
I decided to write my own synopsis for this book because the one that comes with it is just not very pleasing at all.

In this story we have a couple who are thrill killers and they get a real kick out of killing the residents of Paradise. After several murders Jesse begin to put two and two together and the closer Jesse gets to figuring out who they are. the pair decide to set their sights on him.

I really enjoyed the plot of this story. I found it to be much more exciting and a lot more action then the previous books in the series. I was glad to see that the author finally took the series up a notch and I hope it stays that way with the rest of them. One thing that I really love about Parker's writing is the fluidity of the story telling. I find the author is quick and to the point. I love that there are not long processes between each clue when our protagonist is trying to figure things out. It keeps the story exciting when it moves at such a great pace. There is also a lot of dialogue which also keeps the story moving and I love that.

I have to say that I love Jesse Stone. He is not perfect, and he has many issues, but he is not whiny. He goes on with his life as takes things as they come. He does not feel threatened by the bad guys and just takes the bull by the horns and gets the job done. I love that about his character. I am sure I will love him more with each installment to the series. There are many great characters in the series to enjoy, but I have to say I do not care for Jesse's ex-wife at all. She stays around so that he can beat himself up over her, so he wont forget her. She is toxic to him and that is what makes her character great to hate.

I recommend this to anyone who loves mystery. The first 3 books are a little slower, but I think they are worth the read just to learn about Jesse himself if nothing else. This one picked up a lot and I look forward to the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment