Wednesday, February 8, 2017

P.S. I Love You - Cecelia Ahern - 5 stars

I read this book as a buddy read with a friend. I was lucky to find this one on sale at our UBS. I have owned several of Ahern's books for awhile but this is the first time I picked one up and I am so glad I did. It makes me look forward to the other books that I have by her, and will be sure to get to them this year at some point.

When I first read the synopsis of this book I knew I had to read it as soon as I could. I feel like her writing reminds me a bit of Liane Moriarty and that is a good thing. I absolutely loved how great the pacing was for this book. It just kept moving and it made it hard for me to put the book down. I was made to feel so many different things during the course of the book. I was written so well and if you read it, you will feel something.

The characters are developed so well it is as though they were my friends, and my enemies. They are wrote so beautifully and they feel so realistic. Readers will cry with them, laugh with them, and even fight with them. I found that Holly was so relatable, especially while dealing with loss and trying to move on with life. It is not always an easy task and I could feel every moment of her sadness. It hits ya right where it hurts the most.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves a good realistic, contemporary. There is so much feeling in this book it needs to be read and shared with others. I look forward to reading more by this author since this is a first time read.

No comments:

Post a Comment