Monday, February 13, 2017

The Kept Woman - Karin Slaughter - 5 stars

Wow, this was great! This was a buddy read with a couple of friends, but I jumped the gun because the book was staring at me and I had to pick it up. This is book 8 to the Will Trent series. Not sure how much further she is going with this series, but I felt like this one was a good place to stop.

As normal, the plotline was amazing in this book. It was intense, gripping and very engaging right from the prologue all the way to the end. I found that it was pretty hard to put the book down. It has great pacing that keeps readers turning the pages. I think that is what I like the most about Slaughter's writing. She knows how to keep readers engaged.

The characters throughout this series continue to develop. They are realistic, relatable and very believable. Some will have you swooning while others will have you seething with hatred for them. I love the strength of the characters, but also I love how they are flawed at the same time, makes for so great multi dimensional characters.

I of course recommend this book to all Slaughter fans, and also to fans of the mystery or thriller genre. So much to love about her writing I just can't say enough. If she decides to write yet another to this series, then I will of course pick that one up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment