Monday, February 27, 2017

The Fiery Cross - Diana Gabaldon - 4 stars

When I first started reading this book it was back in October-November and I could not get into it for some reason, but I am pretty sure that it was because I was distracted by other books I had lined up to read. So I decided to get back into this year so I can finish the series and finally have questions answered that I have had bottled up in my head for quite some time now. I expected when I started, that it would end up with a much lower rating, but lo and behold it did not.

The pacing of this book is a bit slower to start, therefore harder to get into, but gradually it picks up and gets pretty exciting the further you go as the pacing gets much better. No it is not a favorite of the series but it was still a necessary read I think for the series. There were parts in it that I thought could have been excluded but overall it was still enjoyable and I am glad that I got it finished.

Of course we have the favorite characters that we all love, and a few new ones who change things up a bit. I think the author is very good with her character development. They are written so brilliantly and they are very relatable even though they come from a very different time. One of the things I love most about Claire is the fact that she adapts well, and she makes the best of everything and passes that on to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment