Sunday, April 30, 2017

Dead City - Joe McKinney - 4 stars

I have had this series for quite awhile and finally got to this one. I read this book as part of a buddy read with a friend and I am so glad I finally read it.

This book was non stop action, from one page top the next. I also found it to be very engaging. It is probably one of the best Zombie books I have ever read. The flow of the book was awesome and I love the author's writing style as well. There really was never a dull moment in this one. The author had me from page one. I like how the zombie problem is a viral one, and not some ridiculous, unbelievable one. I did actually one small problem with it really and that was that the ending was rather abrupt, almost rushed, like there was not really a wrap up from one point to the end, it just kinda happened if that makes any sense. I do look forward to moving on to the next book in the series.

I think the characters were pretty well developed, and I am sure they will develop even more over the course of the series. There was not an over abundance of characters either, which was really nice. I really enjoy Eddie's character a lot. He is pretty flawed, and I like that, He has some issues but he overcomes them.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves Zombie stories, because this one is certainly a treat. Be advised though, this is not one of those cutesy zombie stories. There is quite a bit of gore going on in this one. If you can handle that, then you are gonna love this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment