Thursday, April 6, 2017

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling - 5 stars

I am reading this book for our read along in my 'Bookworm Buddies' group here on Good Reads. I have actually read this whole series before, but it was really a very long time ago. And when I read it the first time, I don't believe I appreciated it as much as I do now. Reading it now feels like a whole new experience for me and it makes me really glad to have joined in on this read along.

I think while revisiting HP, I have discovered that this one is a favorite so far. I found it much more exciting, enjoyed the pacing of it and all that adventure. It is a funny thing, all those things you had forgotten from the first time, come rushing back to you a sweeping you off of your feet. I found this to just be an amazing read this time. So very engaging that it feels as though you transported to another world, this world full of magic, witches and wizards. The author is so good with imagery that you can almost begin to believe that this is a place that really does exists. I just loved every second of it and hated for it to end.

One thing that I cling to is that Hagrid really is my favorite character in this series, and I do not doubt that he will continue to be. He has so many likable qualities about him. One of the main ones is the fact that he is no where near perfect, but if anything was to threaten Harry, Hermione. or Ron, he would be there in an instant to protect them. I also love his love for animals, no matter what type of make believe or real animal it is. Of course I like a lot of the characters in the book, I like the fact that you know about them, who they are, where they have been, they all have many sides and you learn them all.

I really do like to recommend this series to
EVERYONE, because I really think there is something for everyone in this series, both young and old. So don't be put off in the fact that this is a middle grade read, it does advance, the characters advance as well. I am super glad that I decided to join in this read along and revisit one of the most magical places ever found in a book. It can certainly carry you away and keep you engaged through out.

No comments:

Post a Comment