Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Hunger - Jackie Morse Kessler - 3 stars

This was another pretty quick read for me for the end of July, which was exactly the type of book I needed. This was kind of like a YA Fantasy and I did not expect it to be exactly what I read. It was such a different view of eating disorders. I have never read anything like it. Now there were of course some rushed parts, it was little predictable at times, and sometimes also pretty unrealistic, but I did really enjoy this one. It was an engaging story even though I think there could have been more to it than what I got, but for a short book it was interesting.

I liked the characters even though they were somewhat unrealistic, but I think that was the point of the story. This was to show someone what their self worth is, how there can be change only if they allow it. At least that is what I got out of it. I did hope that the ending would have been a little better, I felt a little let down at first, but it was ok. I think it was to show the growth of the character. This book is a part of a series, but different characters in each one. I believe that the purpose of these books is to bring to light, the issues that teens and YA encounter on a daily basis and our author brings it to life in a very different form. I liked that.

No comments:

Post a Comment