Friday, December 15, 2017

Silent Night - Robert B. Parker - 4 stars

Chose this as my 2nd Christmas read for this month. This is book 41.5 of the Spencer series, that of which I have not yet read. After reading this one though, I decided I like Spencer as a character, as much as I like Jesse Stone. This type of character is what I describe as a laid back tough guy. They have a softer side, but look out if you cross him kind of guy.

There is not a whole lot of action in this one but it is a Christmas mystery, so I did not really expect it to be very dramatic, but it did have a good storyline that I really enjoyed. I like Spencer a lot so this may push me towards reading the whole Spencer series, all 40+ books since I like his writing style.

However, Robert B. Parker passed away in 2010 which saddens me and I can tell slight differences in the writing styles of those who carry on with his work. This one was done by Helen Brann, who was Parker's Agent and close friend. She did a great job with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment