Tuesday, March 13, 2018

The Ask and the Answer - Patrick Ness - 4 stars

This is book 2 to the Chaos Walking Trilogy and another great installment too. This story continues directly after where the first one left off. So you don't miss a beat with the story. I even read a book in between and this story stayed fresh in my mind. This does have a dystopian feel to it, which I don't care a lot for, but there are a lot of other great elements to the story, not to mention how great the characters are. The story is indeed engaging, and really kept my attention, one of those stay up past bedtime to finish.

I love the characters, both old and new. They are created brilliantly and there are plenty of them for readers to love and hate, plus also there are a few surprises in store where other characters are involved. Like I said in my review for the last book, I did think that the 2 main characters seemed older than their years, which could maybe be the authors intention. I would have liked them to have acted more their age rather than adults.

I am definitely looking forward to starting the final installment to this trilogy. I look forward to being reunited with all these great characters once again. If you like dystopian books or maybe even if you don't, try this one out, I think you will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment