Friday, March 16, 2018

The Kidnapping of Christina Lattimore - Joan Lowery Nixon - 2 stars

I picked up this book some time ago and chose it for a quick read, (since it was a YA Mystery), but I was not all that thrilled with this story at all. I did think the storyline sounded very interesting. A girl gets kidnapped, then she is saved, but everyone thinks she had a hand it. To start off, I found it to be predictable and unrealistic. True, it did have a good pacing so it was a pretty quick read, but it was just all so improbable. I wont give those spoilers away to prove my point though.

The characters were ok, but not really very relatable for me. I did not feel like they had much depth, or really a story behind their characters, kind of one dimensional. Even the bad guys were not really bad guys I did not think. They were just kind of there. I am guessing maybe it was tamed a bit because it was a YA Mystery?

I also really wanted a little more excitement to the story. I mean the girl was kidnapped, that would call for some scary parts or some adrenalin pumping action of some kind right? It was more like she was a guest in someone's home. It was really all kind of sub par for me and I really just wanted so much more to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment