Monday, March 26, 2018

Monsters of Men - Patrick Ness - 5 stars

This is book 3 in the Chaos Walking trilogy, and wow this was probably my favorite one. There was definitely a lot more excitement and it was full of turmoil and frenzy and a lot of drama. The author stepped the story up with this installment. I don't generally enjoy dystopian novels or series, but this one was done a lot differently than normal dystopian stories.

Again the Characters are amazing. They are developed and written so well that you get to watch them grow right before your eyes as you read each book. Each of them with their own personalities. This is what makes them feel so realistic, living in an unrealistic world. I love who and what they stand for, I also love the fact that there are aliens that live among the people of 'the clearing'. How they all struggle to understand the other, and how they deal with the differences. This story also has one of the best 'bad guys' (in the Mayor), that I have read in a long time.

I also really enjoyed the changes in perspectives. You still have Viola and Todd, but then getting to also read from the perspective of the alien(s), is fantastic. I feel like readers will really enjoy seeing how 'the Sky' and 1017 perceive things as well. It was so well done, so well written. One of the best series/trilogies I have read so far this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment