Monday, May 28, 2018

The Broken Girls - Simone St. James - 3 stars

I received this book from Book of the month club. I really did enjoyed the mystery there was in this story, but I was hoping maybe for a just little more. I did find that book flowed well and that is always a plus. There are two different stories that are being told here. I was hoping though, that the two stories would have somehow come together more than they did.

I really liked the characters in the story, both past and present. I think they were the best part of the story, and gave this book what it needed. All of them so different and unique and I thought that they were very well developed. I think my favorite was probably Katie. She really stood up for herself and did not take crap from anyone, but still managed to have some pretty good friendships.

Although I don't feel like the paranormal aspects of the story hurt it in anyway, I do kind of think that is was unnecessary, although some readers will probably enjoy that part of it. I really don't feel like it affected the story all that much in regards to how it progressed. I felt like it was just kind of there to maybe add a little flair to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment