Monday, April 30, 2018

But Then I Came back - Estelle Laure - 3 stars

I was pretty excited to read this book, but I ended up being a little disappointed. The writing in this book flows really well, and the writer is very poetic. I just think I expected a little more after reading that synopsis, 'dragging something back from the afterlife'. I expected there to be a little more drama with Eden, Jasmine and the afterlife and I don't feel like I got that at all. I feel like this is just more about Eden dealing with what she went through.

I did enjoy Eden's character a lot. She was very likable. I also found her to be pretty relatable and believable as well. She did not portray a spoiled teenager, which I was a little worried about, so that was great. I can't handle that kind of character who is all about herself and everyone else can kiss her hind end. The romance that blossomed between her and Joe was not rushed, which was also great, and it was definitely not overdone.

For a YA Romance I guess this is pretty good. Like I said, I expected it to be much different, maybe more like a YA paranormal thriller or something along those lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment