Thursday, October 18, 2018

Enclave - Ann Aguirre - 4 stars

I have had this book for so long and just never took the time to read it even though I loved the cover and the premise of the story. Well I finally picked it and I am so glad I did. This book is a part of my Great List.

The prermise of this story is amazing. It flows very well and it is also very engaging. It is a dystopian and I don't tend to read to many because generally dystopians tend to follow the same path. A disorderly government, check, oppressed people, check, rebel citizens, check, outside baddies, check, but the characters in this series are what make the story great along with a pretty good plot. It was exciting, with lots of actions and twists and turns sure to please any dystopian lover.

The characters are great, they are flawed, strong and bold. I really enjoyed Deuce a lot. her name, her ethic, and her personality. She knows what she wants and she goes for it without caring for what others think she should be. But in this story that is not enough to get where she wants. She learns a lot of stuff and just goes with it, along with her counterpart, Fade.

I look forward to reading the rest of this dystopian series, and I look forward to seeing more of these characters. I can only see them getting better with each installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment