Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Sleeping Beauties - Stephen & Owen King - 5 stars

I read this book for part of Spook season this year. I was afraid that it was gonna be this cheesy tale that the two of them just threw together. It seems like when he has a co-writer, the stories do not come out quite right. Fortunately it was nothing like that. Although this was not a scary book by any means it seemed to fit in well with my spook season reads.

I enjoyed the plot of this story a lot. Even though I could guess what was gonna happen in some parts there was still that element of creepy surprise. I feel like everything came together really well in the storytelling. I also really liked this feeling of a parallel universe. So there was some great fantasy, mystery, and sci-fi all rolled into one.

The characters, of course, were the best part of this story. They were all so well developed. You learn about them from the inside out. But then again, King fans all know how well King can build characters. So well that you feel like you are there with them, or that they are your personal friends. Evie was by far the best character in this story, IMO. She was mysterious, alluring, engaging and I was so very drawn to her from the first moment I met her. Something about her will draw readers in, take your breath away with her beauty, but she is also so mysterious that you do not know if she can be trusted or not. I loved reading about her.

So glad I finally got to read this one. I can recommend this one to anyone really. If you are a king fan and have not yet read this one, then do yourself a favor and pick it up. If you have never read any King, this one is sure to delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment