Friday, November 23, 2018

To All the Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han - 3 stars

I was glad when I finally got ahold of this book, but it was just ok for me. I did end up watching the movie before I read the book and I would have to say watching the movie can pretty much give you the whole gist of the story. There was not much difference between the book and the show.

I thought the premise of this book was good, and even the execution was ok and while the book was somewhat engaging I can see how this would be better suited for the younger crowd. It was quirky, cute and definitely a feel good book. So if that is what readers are looking for this one fits the bill. I am not sure what I was expecting from this book, but I guess I was looking for a little more. Something more to happen with these letters and the characters involved. I feel like it came up short in that aspect.

Even though this book was cute and charming, I will probably not continue with the series. But I could highly recommend this book to someone probably in their early teens, or to readers who are looking for a quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment