Monday, December 17, 2018

The 5th Wave - Rick Yancy - 4 stars

I have wanted to read this series for awhile. I have finally gotten started on it and I have to say I really enjoyed it a lot. I had decided to go ahead and read book 2, The Infinite Sea right after instead of what I had planned on reading. I did not want to forget anything. I found the story to be pretty.

First off, I really enjoy alien stories a lot, so I knew this would be a perfect fit for me, so I found the story to be very engaging and the writing flows very well, which could be why it was hyped up so much. The only thing that I really have to complain about is the fact that the chapters/sections do not title whose perspective we are reading. That was annoying to me, so it took reading a page before I realized who was narrating the story. I believe he fixed that, but not until the end, with book 3. It would be hugely helpful to know who is in charge of telling the story at the time.

I really enjoy the characters as well. Readers do get to see into the lives of the characters pretty well since they take turns telling their own stories. Cassie probably is my favorite character. I like how she stands up for herself and she does not give in easily and that makes a very strong character. I also really like Evan as well. He too is pretty strong but has secrets of his own that he would rather not share, but Cassie figures him out pretty quickly.

I feel comfortable recommending this book to anyone who like Alien stories. This one has a very different feel to it than most other alien stories. So it should be pretty enjoyable for all audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment