Wednesday, December 12, 2018

See Me - Nicholas Sparks - 4 stars

I have a ton of Nicholas Sparks books and had never read any of them. So I made it a challenge for myself to read and finish one before the year was over. So I chose See Me. I have to say, I really was not surprised that I would like it, but it was even better than I first expected. I found the book to flow very well which made the story very engaging. I feel like I was drawn into the story from the very first page all the way to the last.

The plot of the story was initially why I chose this book. Guy character trying to keep himself on the straight and narrow, overcoming obstacles, find new ways to handle his 'anger issues'. I kept expecting something really bad to happen to cause our character Colin to fall off the deep end. It seems he got close a couple of times but managed to keep on the straight and narrow due to other characters in the book. I also thought this was a good look at anger and how detrimental it can be to those involved, even though it is fictional.

I really enjoyed the characters as well. I thought that they were developed very well. Normal everyday people living life as you and I would. I would say that Colin is my favorite character out of all of them. He is a very raw, hard ridden guy, he gives no one any B.S. because he doesn't really care how others view him, well that is until Maria comes along and changes that outlook. Even though they are very different people, with different outlooks, they actually mold each other, they learn trust and to count on one another.

I will definitely pick up another Nicholas Sparks book, actually really looking forward to it. I really enjoyed his writing a lot. He knows how to keep readers glued to the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment