Friday, December 28, 2018

The Infinite Sea - Rick Yancy - 4 stars

This installment was a bit better than the first but still not quite a 5 for me. I feel like it makes it very difficult trying to figure out whose perspective we are in. It would give the book quite the lift if readers were not having to try and figure it out. I do really appreciate that the story being YA, is not too sheltered, otherwise I don't think the action and excitement levels would be quite so high.

I love the premise of this story the most. With the alien invasion and the post-apoc situation. Also this installment raises the bar a bit more, a little more action and adventure. I feel like this group of kids have to go through a lot more, the risks are elevated. The unthinkable now comes into play. I could never imagine having to endure this type of world. But after reading this book/series makes these events seem even more possible, and that can be scary.

I really enjoy most of the characters, even though some are quite young. It makes it a little less realistic having a 6 year old saving the world by turning into Rambo. A child who prefers a gun to a teddy bear. There are a couple older characters as well, which does help keep it balanced but not quite enough to keep the story rational. But then again it is a YA and is to be expected I guess.

Looking forward to the third and final installment with The Last Star. Overall, so far a great story. I would recommend this to anyone who likes Alien stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment