Sunday, March 31, 2019

The Lost Prince - Julie Kagawa - 5 stars

Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series is one of my favorites with it's bright characters and exciting setting, and I have to say this book was also a treat to read. At first I did have reservations since it is a spin off of the original series, but wow I really enjoyed It a lot. Our author is a very gifted writer! I look forward to reading the next book in the Call of the Forgotten.

This is a very fast paced and engaging read. I have to say that I also like how the author combines the world of the fey with the normal everyday world. It adds a nice twist to the story and I appreciate the author making it clear which world the readers are entering. She paints a pretty picture no matter which court we are in. She has great imagery when writing.

The characters are as awesome as ever. You get to meet some new characters and also get to meet up with some of our favorites from the Iron Fey series, which I loved that so much! Ethan is a rough one to get used to. He is very dark, beat down, and negative. A lot of people have a hard time with Ethan because of that. The way I see it, the author makes them that way for a reason, not all characters can be sweet and docile. Then enters Kenzie, the sweet girl with an air of mystery surrounding her. She turns Ethan's world upside down, but it does not make him a puddle of goo. He is still strong and bull headed, but discovers he has a heart. I love these 2 together.

I definitely recommend this series to everyone who are fans of Julie Kagawa's writing style, and chances are, if you loved the Iron Fey series, then you're gonna love this one too. This is another read to enjoy, so jump on board and enjoy the ride to Nevernever.

No comments:

Post a Comment