Tuesday, March 12, 2019

The Lying Game - Ruth Ware - 5 stars

Loved, loved, loved this book with it's edge of the seat tension. I did not have a good experience reading The Woman in Cabin 10, but I wanted to try something else by this author and this one was a great choice! It was so engaging, from beginning to end. The flow was great, just the right amount of nerve wracking, apprehensive, moments. I really felt like I was a part of this story and I felt everything that our characters felt, so much so that I would have to step away from the story and try to step out of it as well. The author has a way of seizing the readers attention and not letting go until the story is over.

The main characters, are just wow...very gritty, well developed, with their many flaws. They are all very relatable, and on so many levels. A nice mix of good guys and bad guys, and those who you can't quite decide on right away. I loved them all because they all felt so realistic. The author did a great job portraying these girls both as teenagers and then adults coming from a small town with a small school full of secrets that come out and begin to wreak havoc.

I can recommend this to anyone who loves mystery or thriller or if you are a Ware fan and have not yet read this one. Give it a try, you wont regret it. This is also a great place to start if you want to try something by Ruth Ware.

No comments:

Post a Comment