Friday, November 21, 2014

If I Stay - Gayle Forman - 3.5 stars

I am glad that I finally decided to read this book. I have had it for quite some time and a visit to our local library and checking out Where She Went got me to finally pick it up. It was a very engaging, thought provoking and heart wrenching story not easily forgotten.

In this story we have Mia and her family. They have a horrific car accident and Mia is caught in between life and death and this story is her account of one day contemplating a decision she must make and which would be the right one.

I really liked the premise of this story and how it was played out and also how it touched on so many emotions. Once in awhile you come across a pretty simple story that has a whole lot to tell. I like stories like that, they feel real and believable. They give you so many of the feels and quite often are left unforgettable with the reader. And that is this story.

The wide array of characters in this story are not over the top, they are not extravagant, they are normal, every day people like you and me and because of that they become so real to the reader. As if they are your own friends and family and I loved myself loved every one of them. Each character added a little bit of something to the story and it could not be the story it was without them.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes YA contemporary and maybe even you don't, but I know those who read it will feel something.

No comments:

Post a Comment