Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Where She Went - Gayle Forman - 3.5 stars

This the 2nd book to the If I stay duology. I read this one directly after If I stay. I think this book was just as good as the first one, but I still kind of like the first one a little bit more. I am glad that I have read both of them, and I look forward to more books from Gayle Forman.

In this book it is three years later and life is moving forward for Adam but it feels like it is missing something, Mia. Again this story is told in both flashbacks and present and is told through Adam's perspective and his journey back to Mia and into her life once again.

Again I found this book to be simple, but it is a good simple, one that tells a big story. I liked the flow of this book like I did the first one. It is very engaging and pretty fast paced. Where it lacks in action and excitement it overflows with a lot of heart. It will definitely make you feel. I liked that about both of the books. I also liked being able to read from Adam's perspective this time. It gives it a different spin on things.

As far as characters go, I think Adam is the one that comes out on top, the one that seems to be a bit more sincere, and the one who sacrifices. Mia seems like she likes being catered to. She does not seem to realize that Adam also suffered loss as well as she did. But in her defense she does pretty much admit that. All other characters are pretty much null and void in this book which could come across as boring to some readers.

I am giving this book 3.5 stars as well. I enjoyed the first one a little more though, it made me feel more I think. I feel like the subject matter had a bigger impact on me. I recommend this book to anyone because I think both of them are worthy of being read since they are pretty quick reads and they do tell a pretty sweet story.

No comments:

Post a Comment