Friday, November 13, 2015

UnWholly - Neal Shusterman - 5 stars

I had learned about this series from a couple of friends in the reading community. They talked me into wanting to read this series. I don't really enjoy the Dystopian genre all that much, but I find this series very different, unique and a little creepy as well.

I won't give a synopsis to this book since it is the second one in the series. But I will say that the craziness continues with our familiar cast of characters from the first book with some new, crazy, and dangerous people thrown into the mix for a very exciting continuation.

I LOVED this book, I enjoyed this one more than the first one if that is even possible. I love the spin that the author gave to this Dystopian series, along with a bit of creepiness, giving it a uniqueness that is not easily found in this genre. You find the government more in the backfield rather than the forefront making the story much more enjoyable. It is so very engaging, fast paced, and action packed from the minute you open the book till the moment you finish. I also love the world building and the fact that it is not futuristic but modern day, it gives it a more realistic feel.

I love the characters in this series both the ones you love and the ones you hate. I find all of our protagonists very well developed and very likable as well. I like how the newer characters are slowly introduced so that readers do not get confused as to who is who and that also adds an air of mystery to the story. Conner is definitely one of my favorite characters, I love his leadership, but also his compassion as well. I also enjoy that the antagonists make great bad guys. You have to have those characters that you love to hate. This books gives readers a healthy does of both.

I recommend this book to everyone, even those who don't like dystopian all that much, I think can enjoy this series a lot because I find it so unique. I look forward to reading the rest of this dystology in the near future. If I could rate this higher than a 5 stars, then I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment