Friday, November 6, 2015

Drums of Autumn - Diana Gabaldon - 4 stars

I am reading this book along with our Outlander series read along group here on Good Reads. I am taking quite a lot of time with each book so as to savor the contents and I have loved every book so far, and I look forward to continuing with Jamie & Clair's saga. It is just a beautifully written series in my opinion.

I wont be giving a synopsis of this book since it is in the middle of the series but I can say that I thought this book started out a little slower than the others did, but I still found it interesting nonetheless. It was well worth the wait once it did pick up and the pacing was much quicker. I think it helps with a large book like this to pace yourself and take your time to absorb everything. I know I get more out of it like that. The book really did become engaging and it flowed really well. Also as with all of these books the author keeps us guessing and keeps us asking many questions.

What can I say about the characters that I have not already said in other reviews. Still very well developed, likable, and realistic. I feel as though I am a part of their lives with each new development. Readers meet new characters in this story along with all of our favorites from previous books. So many characters to both love and hate. I love how we get new perspectives of the characters when we learn new things about them. I think that keeps them exciting. I enjoy Jamie and Claire of course, but we also get to visit again with Lord John Grey as well and I loved that. I think his character is somewhat mysterious and I hope to learn more about him.

I could recommend this series to a ton of people so I am just going to recommend this to everyone. Pick it up, what do you have to lose and maybe you will even like it! I did and I still do and I am looking forward to continuing my journey with Jamie and Claire.

No comments:

Post a Comment