Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Night Passage - Robert B. Parker - 3.5 stars

Read this book for the TBR Takedown 3.0. I have been wanting to read this series for awhile now and hopefully I will get through most of it this year. I found this books to be pretty good. It was very fluid and easy to get through. I also found it to be very engaging.
Synopsis
His name is Jesse Stone.He's left the LAPD in disgrace and found himself the new chief of police in Paradise, Massachusetts -- a town that's a lot less idyllic than it sounds.

This exciting departure for "the reigning champion of the American tough-guy detective novel" (Entertainment Weekly) has landed him on the New York Times bestseller list once again...and thrilled readers and critics alike.

I liked the opening of this series. Not too serious but able to give a good introduction to the town, people and main characters. I think that it gave a good look into what type of people we would be dealing with. I did however find this first one to be a little predictable. It was easy to point out the bad guys. I kind of think that was the authors intention with this first one. To get us set for future stories. I did like the ending of the story though, not a lot of lose ends to deal with.

I have to say that I enjoyed the characters for the most part. They were thought out pretty well but I found that they were also predictable. There was no guessing who the bad guys were. But then again this could be solely for getting the feel of the town as it was, dirty. Jesse Stone is a great character, he is flawed and far from perfect. I love characters like this so much. It also has a Will Trent feel to it with the love triangle we have that is surrounding our main character.

I think reading and completing this series will be well worth the time. I already like the feel of our main character with his issues, and I like the town itself. So we will see what happens. If you like mystery then I would recommend this one. I am rating this 3.5 stars and I look forward to the rest of this series and watching the town and Characters develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment