Thursday, January 28, 2016

Z-Minus book 1 - Perrin Briar - 4 stars

I had just recently read a book by Perrin Briar and it was just ok for me. I was notified by someone about this one being free on Kindle and how they enjoyed it so much. So I decided to go get it and read it. I really enjoyed this one. I found that it flowed really well and was action packed.
Synopsis
Once bitten, the virus spreads throughout the human body. It shuts down organs, kills nerve impulses and even reprograms the way we think. The virus becomes us.

But the process takes eight hours.

If you only had eight hours left to live, what would you do?

For Chris Smith, that decision has already been made. He’s infected, and returns home to find the rest of his family undead or missing, save his youngest daughter Maisie. He’s never been much of a father, but can he make up for it now in the final few hours of his life and find somewhere safe for her to survive?

I enjoyed the plot to this story much better than the last one I read by this author. This story was definitely more believable and it had a much better flow to it. There were a couple of parts I thought were unnecessary but overall it was very entertaining. I liked all the action in this one and how the characters all had a story to tell.

The characters were also more relatable, however I do have to say that Chris got on my nerves a few times with his 'all about himself' routine, never mind that he has an 8 year old daughter to look after. Other than that I liked Chris for the most part. I think it ended on a good note with enough to make readers long for the next book. I recommend this book/series to anyone who enjoyes zombie stories or post apocalyptic stories. I will probably be reading book 2 in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment