Saturday, February 6, 2016

End of Days - Susan Ee - 5 stars

I was really excited to get ahold of this book since I loved the first 2 in the trilogy. What a wonderful wrap up to the story. I found this one to be just as exciting in not more so than the other 2 books. So glad I got to read this one. The Author is so talented with world building and character development.

I wont give a synopsis for this book since it is the third in the series. The overall story is about bad angels who came down from heaven to take residence on earth. Humans really have no chance of survival with these angels being on earth. Penryn continually fights for the humans freedoms while Raffe, one of the 'good guy' angels is steadfast by her side.

I have to say that I absolutely love the great imagery in this book/series especially when it comes to the world building itself, because readers can really get a wonderful glimpse into what the world would be like in case of an Angel Apocalypse and place themselves there in the middle of it all. There is lots of action and excitement from page one all the way to the end of the book and I love that. The book had me glued to the pages. I love how fluid it is and how easy it is to follow. I also love all of the feels that come along with this relationships between characters, especially between Raffe and Penryn. Very well done.

Of course the characters are fantastic yet again. I love Raffe so much. He is so well developed he is strong and fierce along with Penryn and her family. I love how Penryn takes control of situations that have gone awry and handles them. She is definitely a fighter and so is her sister Paige. Just beautifully done characters through and through.

I recommend this series to anyone, however this is not your fluffy YA angel story, so be aware of that. It is dark and gritty but so well worth the read, so exciting that if you don't read it, you are missing out. I will absolutely read anything else that this author puts out.

No comments:

Post a Comment