Friday, February 26, 2016

Predator One - Jonathan Maberry - 5 stars

Predator one is book #7 in the Joe Ledger series. Wow Maberry did it again! I have to say that I think these books have just gotten better and better as I read them. I am so glad that I was introduced to the fantastic writing of Jonathan Maberry.

Now since these are different cases for the DMS to solve I decided to share the synopsis of this book.
Synopsis
--
On opening day of the new baseball season a small model-kit airplane flies down from the stands and buzzes the mound, where a decorated veteran pilot is about to throw out the first ball. The toy plane is the exact replica of the one flown by the war hero. Everyone laughs, thinking it’s a prank or a publicity stunt. Until it explodes, killing dozens.

Seconds later a swarm of killer drones descend upon the picnicked crowd, each one carrying a powerful bomb. All across the country artificial intelligence drive systems in cars, commuter trains and even fighter planes go out of control. The death toll soars as the machines we depend upon every day are turned into engines of destruction.

Joe Ledger and the Department of Military Sciences go on the hunt for whoever is controlling these machines, but the every step of the way they are met with traps and shocks that strike to the very heart of the DMS. No one is safe. Nowhere is safe. Enemies old and new rise as America burns.

Joe Ledger and his team begin a desperate search for the secret to this new technology and the madmen behind it. But before they can close in the enemy virus infects Air Force One. The president is trapped aboard as the jet heads toward the heart of New York City. It has become PREDATOR ONE.
--
I really loved the plotline to this book and the whole series, even though it is on terrorism. I never thought I would enjoy anything about this but there is always so much action and excitement it is sure to soothe anyone's need for some adrenalin rushing adventure, and this book was no different. The action and excitement never let up for a second. I was glued to the pages, and so very engaged I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the story while sitting there on the edge of my seat, literally.

The characters of course are always my favorite part of this series and really any of Maberry's writing in general. The characters just develop so well throughout the series that they are always a joy to read about. Readers get introduced to some pretty gritty, malevolent characters as well, the ones you love to hate the most. Of course Joe and the Echo team are among my favorites, and this does include Ghost, Joe's dog. They are all so realistic to me that I feel like I am apart of their family since starting this series back in 2014. It has been awesome knowing them all.

I do find this series pretty equally plot and character driven. It is such an exciting adventure that I recommend it to just about anyone. It is truly a treat to read. I look forward to the final book in the series
Kill Switch Scheduled to be released in April this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment