Saturday, February 20, 2016

Undivided - Neal Shusterman - 5 stars

This is book 4 in the Unwind Dystology and what a great wrap up to the story. WOW! I loved this whole series so much. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to enjoy this series. So very different from other dystopian series and that is why I like it so much. This one is my favorite in the series for sure.

I will just give an overall synopsis of the series so that I don't give anything away from this particular book. --The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, who is a ward of the state, is not enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape and to survive.--

This whole series is full of adventure, action and excitement. There are some rather creepy elements to this series as well, which I enjoyed a lot. This book is just as good as the 3 books that came before and it has such a great wrap up. There were several things I did not expect to happen and some made me a little unhappy as well. Great story telling with such great imagery and the writing is so fluid and is also paced very well. There are great quotes in these books as well to appreciate.

The characters grow beautifully throughout this series. You can tell the author knew exactly who is characters were and who they were meant to be. So many characters to both love an hate. I just adore Connor and Risa. They are such great characters with so much strength. I found all of the characters to be very realistic and believable. Most of them are very relatable and felt like I really got to know who they were and what their individual struggles were too.

I recommend this to any one who wants a different kind of dystopian. This one certainly surpasses all other dystopian series I have read simply because of the uniqueness of the story being told. I enjoy every page of it. I will read anything by this author now because I feel he is truly gifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment