Thursday, February 4, 2016

Blindsighted - Karin Slaughter - 5 stars

Wow and I was worried I would be disappointed with this book/series after reading her Will Trent series. I gotta say I was so wrong on that theory. This book starts the series out with a bang, It is nice to go back and learn a little about some of those characters we discover in the Will Trent series. Fantastic!
Synopsis
A small Georgia town erupts in panic when a young college professor is found brutally mutilated in the local diner. But it's only when town pediatrician and coroner Sara Linton does the autopsy that the full extent of the killer's twisted work becomes clear.

Sara's ex-husband, police chief Jeffrey Tolliver, leads the investigation -- a trail of terror that grows increasingly macabre when another local woman is found crucified a few days later. But he's got more than a sadistic serial killer on his hands, for the county's sole female detective, Lena Adams -- the first victim's sister -- want to serve her own justice.

But it is Sara who holds the key to finding the killer. A secret from her past could unmask the brilliantly malevolent psychopath... or mean her death.

Loved the plotline to this book. It was intense, dark and somewhat gritty. There was plenty of excitement and non stop action in this book. It seemed at the turn of every page something new was developing. I loved how everything tied together in the end and I could not stop guessing what was gonna happen next. Just a great story all round.

The characters start out well developed, and now I can see why some of them are the way the are in the Will Trent series. I am sure they will continue developing very well. I like the small town setting with small town people. The author really made them all come to life for me and I enjoyed that so very much. I look forward to reading more about them.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys mystery with strong female leads, because Slaughter really knows how to write them. She is now among my favorite writers in this genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment