Sunday, August 14, 2016

Chill Factor - Sandra Brown - 3.5

I decided on reading this book for my Month of Mystery TBR for August. I had heard that her books are standalone books and I had been collecting quite a few, so it was time to start reading some of her works since I had so many. I am glad that I read it.
Synopsis
Five women are missing from the sleepy mountain town of Cleary, North Carolina, and a blue ribbon has been left near where each woman was last seen. Lilly Martin has returned to Cleary to close the sale of her cabin. But when her car skids and strikes a stranger, Ben Tierney, as he emerges from the woods, they've no choice but to wait out a brutal blizzard in the cabin. And as the hours of their confinement mount, Lilly wonders if the greater threat to her safety isn't the storm, but the stranger beside her....

The plot was interesting, but I found that it did not flow all that well , it was pretty slow for the first half of the book. I also thought that it could have been cut by about 50 pages. With all of that said it did finally pick up quite a bit about midway through the story and I found that it became quite exciting. There is a lot of mystery involved with this one and I was fooled many times thinking I knew what was going on right from the start. I love the mystery so much!

I did quite enjoy the wide range of colorful characters in this one. So many different personalities with several of those you just cold not bring yourself to trust. I can't say too much more about them without giving something away. I found thme all to be vry well developed with plenty of characters to both love and hate.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves mystery. I just must say you have to be patient for this one since it has a pretty slow start, but hang on because it takes off and spins a great tale. I do look forward to reading more of Sandra Brown's works and keeping fingers crossed that they have a better start to them. This could easily had been a 5 star read if the beginning had a bit ore to it, instead it is getting a 3.5 from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment