Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Winter - Marissa Meyer - 5 stars

I am glad I finally got to this last book in the Lunar Chronicles. When I first started it in July It felt slow to me, but I think that was because my family had come to visit me and my mind was more wrapped up with them. When I decided to pick it back up this month, I found that it was flowing very well for me and I really enjoyed it.

This has got to be my favorite of all the books in this series. The action and adventure was amazing in this one. The imagery and story telling was beautifully done. One of the things I appreciate the most, with this being the last book, is the fact that it was not rushed. Everything came together very well all of it flowed so nicely. I could also tell that the author knew exactly what she wanted to happen and how to wrap the tale up.

The characters were amazing. The were developed so nicely throughout the series. They each had their own flaws which I love the most about characters. I also really enjoyed how each character was introduced gradually into the story line. I think that they all came together really well. Our Antagonists were all very deliciously evil. I loved that and I loved that they were so easy to hate. Of course Queen Levana was my favorite villain in the story. I don't think I ever hated a character this much before.

I recommend this series to anyone who loves YA Fantasy or retellings. The author is a very gifted writer and everyone should experience her gift. I am a little saddened that the series is over, but I can say for sure that is was very worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment