Monday, August 22, 2016

Haunting Rachel - Kay Hooper - 4 stars

I chose this book for my month of mystery because I have been collecting Kay Hooper books for quite some time and it is a bout time that I start getting to them. This was also the only standalone I had of hers, so I tool a chance on it. Kay Hooper is also a first time read for me.
Synopsis
Danger wears many faces....

Ten years ago Rachel Grant's fiancé, Thomas, disappeared. His body was never found. Now there's a stranger in town, a man who could be Thomas's twin--or his ghost.

His name is Adam Delafield. He's been watching Rachel for days. He has the locket she gave Thomas before he vanished. And he says he owed her father three million dollars.

But there's no record of the loan—or a shred of proof that Adam is who he claims to be. And he's always nearby as accidents begin to threaten Rachel's life.

Is he an innocent man who only wants to repay a debt? Or a figure from the past with a score to settle? Rachel must expose lies and unravel stories, find out who wants her dead and why...before the next attempt to kill her succeeds.

I was really attracted to the plot of this story. It was very intriguing, and of course I had all kinds of possible scenarios pop up in my head before I even started the book. The book had great pacing and just flowed very well and I did not want to put it down. There are also some great elements in this story such as mystery of course, but also creepy, paranormal, thriller and romance. A lot of great mystery solving for readers, which is always good.

The characters were developed ok. I felt like I would have enjoyed a bit more back story on some of them to make them a little more believable. I did like Adam, but was on the fence with him almost the whole story, not sure if he was trustworthy or not, so definitely pushes readers to keep reading and figure it out. Overall a great story and well worth the read. I look forward to more of her stuff in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment