Monday, September 5, 2016

End of Watch - Stephen King - 5 stars

So glad that I was able to get ahold of this book and finish this trilogy out. This is book #3 to the Bill Hodges trilogy. Each book in the trilogy carries over to the next book which, to me, kept the story very exciting which kept me glued to the pages. I found this one was such a great wrap up to the trilogy. It had such great pacing and was very easy to follow and get totally immersed into the story. As I read I truly felt like I was there with all of them. King used a lot of great imagery to allow readers to really experience what was going on in the story.

The characters are probably my favorite part of the story. They are exceptionally well developed and by the time you get through this final book, you feel has though you know them on a very personal and realistic level. I loved the flawed characteristics of Bill in this trilogy, it makes him very relatable and also very realistic. There are also plenty of people to hate in the series as well, one of them be Brady Hartsfield. I would just be seething with hatred for him when I would finish a chapter where he was the star player. A great cast of memorable characters for readers to love and hate.

I recommend this trilogy to anyone who likes Stephen King of course, but also to those who love a very fast paced thriller/chiller, because you get both of those with this one. Very well written and very deserving of the 5 star rating that I am giving it.         

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that like this series Janie. I have been on the fence, but that was just silly of me, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete