Friday, September 30, 2016

Quicksilver - Claudy Conn - 3 stars

I needed a book for "Q" for our A-Z challenge and found this one. Paranormal romance is so not my genre to read, but this one was not all that bad, it also had a urban fantasy feel to it. This is the first book in the Hungry Moon series.
Synopsis
Ravena MacAllister doesn’t want to admit what she is. She wants to continue pretending she’s just human … only human, like her mother, like her friends.

But she isn’t human.

Heartbreak and betrayal send her off rushing to Scotland, to a familiar haven where she has spent so many summers with her father, but she soon discovers that everything has changed.

From the moment she meets Quinn MacValdane, shock waves travel through him to her and back again, wrapping them in a tide of passion she had never dreamt possible. But if they are to have a future together, she must confront who and what she is, for she will need to call on the powers within her as she becomes embroiled in an adventure that will alter her life forever.

I really don't have much interest in paranormal romance but I found that this one was not too bad. The plot had a good pacing with quite a bit of action. The sex in the book was not over the top, thank goodness, but it was heavily dosed with instalove. I also could not stop imagining one of the main characters as being Jamie from Outlander since this did take place in Scotland. The author had the language and accent dead on so it made the book fun to say the least. I think that most fans of paranormal romance would like this one.

I did quite enjoy the 2 main characters in this, especially Quinn due to his likeness of Jamie, although there really was not much backstory for either of them. I am sure they will continue to develop throughout the series. I did not find them particularly relatable, but I did like their personalities. I also enjoyed Lassiter whose character was a bit deceptive leaving me wondering if he was good or not. That kept me thinking throughout the whole story.

I can recommend this to most paranormal fans. It is worth the read, even if you don't like paranormal. I am not sure if I will continue this series or not yet, we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment