Thursday, October 6, 2016

Indellible - Karin Slaughter - 4 stars

This is book #4 in the Grant County series. I am reading this series as a read along with a few of my friends. I am about one book behind though. I will catch up. Not enjoying this series as much as the Will Trent series, but definitely worth the read.
Synopsis

An officer is shot point-blank in the Grant County police station and police chief Jeffrey Tolliver is wounded, setting off a terrifying hostage situation with medical examiner Sara Linton at the center. Working outside the station, Lena Adams, newly reinstated to the force, and Frank Wallace, Jeffrey's second in command, must try to piece together who the shooter is and how to rescue their friends before Jeffrey dies. For the sins of the past have caught up with Sara and Jeffrey -- with a vengeance.

I think that with this book, we see the growth of Karin Slaughter in her writing. This books has 2 different time lines going in it which was a little annoying to me. I found it somewhat distracting but not so much that it took away from the story. It does help readers to learn a bit more about Jeffrey and Sara and their lives together. The story does start off with a bang and hooks readers from the start. It has great pacing and of course good imagery.

The characters are pretty well developed. Of course I love Sara, but in earlier books Jeffrey really rubs me the wrong way, in this one he is a little better, I think mainly because I am learning more about him, where he comes from and I am beginning to understand who he is and what he has went through in his life so far. I do however know what is coming with Jeffrey because I was spoiled by reading The Will Trent series first.

This is definitely a book/series I can recommend to other mystery/thriller fans, just be sure to read this series first before reading Will Trent series. I look forward to moving on in this series and seeing how everything comes together. Great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment