Saturday, November 12, 2016

Faithless - Karin Slaughter - 5 stars

I read this book for both the series-a-thon and a read along with some friends. This is book #5 of the Grant County series. I must say I quite enjoyed it and it is probably my favorite so far of this series. I look forward to the final book in the series, Beyond Reach.
Synopsis
The victim was buried alive in the Georgia woods–then killed in a horrifying fashion. When Sara Linton and Jeffrey Tolliver stumble upon the body, both become consumed with finding out who killed the pretty young woman. For them, a harrowing journey begins, one that will test their own turbulent relationship and draw dozens of life into the case.

For as Jeffrey and Sara move further down a trail of shocking surprises and hidden passions, neither is prepared for the most stunning discovery of all: the identity of a killer who is more evil and dangerous than anyone could have guessed.

The synopsis of this book told me I would really enjoy it. I can only imagine what it must be like to be buried alive. It makes me panic just thinking about it. So right off the bat you get those feelings of impending doom and it draws readers in from the start and keeps the reader engaged till the very end. The imagery is amazing, almost to much sometimes because I would feel every single emotion that goes along with books that have so much intensity. I found this series to be somewhat more brutal than I had first anticipated, but it made the story that much more exciting. One of things I have enjoyed the most about this series, having already read The Will Trent series, which comes after this one, is how much the Author has grown with each book and then onto the Will Trent series.

The characters I think are my favorite part of the series, they are developed so well. Some I absolutely love and others I may be on the fence about, but one thing I know for sure, is that the author knows how to make her characters both relatable, realistic and believable. You learn so much about them as you read each book. Readers will become a part of their lives and them, a part of readers. I could feel every emotional moment, every bit of the pain or sadness or rage. It fills me up so much I thought I could just burst to the point of really having to take a break. Very well done!

I recommend this whole series to everyone who loves mystery or thrillers. Karin Slaughter needs to be read, she is one of the most gifted female writers that I have had the pleasure of reading. I look forward to every single book that she has written.

No comments:

Post a Comment