Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The Grim Grotto - Lemony Snicket - 4 stars

This is another great installment to A Series of Unfortunate Events. I found this one to much more dramatic than previous books. It moved along very quickly and of course I was hooked right from page one. These books also seem to get much darker with each book and I am not sure they are appropriate for Middle grade readers. I did not enjoy this one as much as the previous one, but still an enjoyable read.

What I love the most about these books are the characters. They are developed so well and even though the stories are pretty far fetched and have so many annoying and unfortunate events, they make the stories seem very real and I love that. From our sweet and innocent Orphans to the villainous villains, they all play such great roles in the story. Plenty to both love and hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment