Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The Penultimate Peril - Lemony Snicket - 4 stars

Wow this one was a pretty dramatic book as well. The orphans go through some pretty dangerous situations while trying to convince themselves that they are still good and noble. It kind of makes me sad to know that they, being as young as they are, have to even have thoughts like that. Again I was completely engaged with this story, always rooting them on and trying my best to help them find solutions, but if you know this series and you know these orphans, you will also know that they don't need much help as far as solutions go.

I really enjoyed seeing some of the older characters from other books playing a role in this one. It made it a much more fun and exciting read. Not all of those characters are enjoyable but it did add a sort of flair to the story and got it moving along pretty well. I found myself also trying to decipher who is good and who is bad. There are many characters throughout this series that were questionable and it made it hard to decide who was noble and who was not. So it made this book a bit more mysterious trying to figure out who was who.

Looking forward to getting to book 13 appropriately named 'The End', and maybe finally having some kind of closure for the orphans because they really need that, I really need that as well. I am afraid that I will be disappointed, but here's to hoping it will end on a good note. I definitely recommend this series to everyone. Even though the unfortunate events get annoying it is a very enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment